Bulawayo city council (BCC)
Bulawayo attained town status on 1st June 1894 and had its first Municipal Council of 9 elected members in November 1897. By 1943, due largely to its rapid growth, Bulawayo had attained city status under Proclamation 21 of 1943.
Today, the City is run by a Council of 29 elected members headed by the Mayor and his Deputy for
policy and broad decision – making.